22 June 2009

Another Stacked Box Cake (& two little cake artists in training!)

I have to admit, I love making stacked box cakes. They are SO festive and fun, really for any occasion. Just by changing the colors and theme, changes the whole cake and reason for celebration. The trick is getting them to stay open!

Last week, I received a call from a client, Tina from Connecticut, (aka "My Tri-State Sista'- I am from Jersey..) who was needing a cake a surprise birthday party on Father's Day. The party was for her mother in law, Bobbie, who was turning 70 and her father-in-law, Andy, turning 77. I jumped at the opportunity, of course. Too bad hubby! No breakfast in bed for him this year!!

So, here was the challenge... The cake needed to be delivered to Spring Hill, Florida which is 107 miles away! That's right, 2.5 hours with a cake in the back of my truck. The thought of the bumpy roads, railroad tracks, stop lights, sharp turns... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sweaty Palms are standard in this situation!!


Here is a close up... The cake was my Strawberry Lemonade flavor: Lemon butter cake with freshly grated lemon zest, vanilla bean buttercream, and strawberry filling.
Here is what Tina had to say:

"HI Prudence, I just wanted to thank you for the cake you made for our family. It was wonderful! It looked great and tasted even better. Everyone had wonderful comments to say about it. My in-laws loved it. Thanks again, Tina"

All I have to say is that I LOVE what I do! Look who else does too! My little chicas!

I gave them some left over fondant and let them go to town...



Note the white gloves! lol... Maybe they will take over the business one day!



Stay Sweet!!

post signature

3 comments:

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Pru, you did it again. Gorgeous cake. How in the world did you get it to where you were going in such perfect shape when you had to drive over 100 miles? I guess that's what makes you the professional! Your "chicas" are precious. So glad you've got them in the kitchen now. I started my son and daughter cooking when they were very young as well.

Renaissance Woman said...

When I read your posts i get so hungry. They look great and sound even better! Love that you have little chicas in training for the business.

SUGAR B said...

Prudence! Long time no blog! ;)

I miss you, beautiful lady!

Love this stacked cake. I wish I was this stacked! Ha!

Your cakes are AWESOME!

xo