08 July 2009

Cakes on a plane....

Hey peeps! Hope all of you enjoyed the 4th of July this past weekend! I am fortunate enough to have my BFF (from the 5th grade) and her family visiting from Jersey! Yippee! SO, between my pool breaks, I figured I could squeeze in a great story about a cake on a plane.

Way back in February at a local Bridal Show, I was introduced to one FAB lady, Dayl, who is the Director of Weddings and Group Sales for the Old Bahama Bay Resort on Grand Bahama Island. We hit it off immediately! She asked if I could fly a couple of cakes down to the resort on their private jet for a photo shoot they were planning with award winning photographer, Teri Lowery. Yep, PRIVATE JET! Oh, I jumped right on that one!!




Great news! It was also featured in a promotional e-movie for the resort! It is the closest I have come to being on a show!! lol....



Originally, this was the top of my daughter, Lily's, 2nd birthday cake. We didn't need THAT much cake. So, I made the top from Styrofoam, covered in fondant. The very bottom pillow of this picture is real cake.

Prior to it's departure, I gave it a face lift! Lily gave to a kiss goodbye and cracked up when she saw the picture of it on the beach. She said her cake was on vacation!

Dayl and I went to lunch when she returned to the "mainland". OH the stories she told me about how the cakes were strapped in their seats with seat belts! We could not stop laughing!

Thanks so much to Dayl for this opportunity! She has been such a huge supporter of me and my cakes! I couldn't have asked for anyone better!!

Stay Sweet!
post signature

6 comments:

stevensonmail said...

Wow! That's incredible! Our family always says that you can beat those tv cake shows hands down :)

Leslie said...

AGAIN..you outdid yourself!!!!

Fiber said...

Wow - what an awesome cake!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

To say that I'm partial to your cakes because your daughter's name is Lily (just like mine)would probably have some truth to it. But I do so love your cakes my dear. You rock.

Renaissance Woman said...

Your daughter is right...the cake went on vacation! Looks cute.

Julie said...

Just stopped by to let you know I nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog" award. Please stop by my blog and check it out.