27 July 2009

Caking For A Cause...

Helloooo everyone! It has been cakes galore around here, keeping me from blogging like I would like to. It is all about setting that time aside, when life takes up too much of it! But, needless to say, I am back again!


I was going through some old pics and came across this cake I made for Dress For Success, who's mission is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. What a beautiful cause to inspire me!



I emailed the gang and asked if there were any special events in the pipeline that were in need of a cake. You know me, any reason to celebrate is a reason for a cake. This particular cake was on the house, for all of their work in the Orlando community and for the latest wave of women trying to do the best with their lives.



Here is the email brought tears to my eyes:

"Prudence - I'd like to extend a very heartfelt thank you on behalf of the entire Professional Women's Group. The cake that you made for our women was not only amazingly beautiful, but also inspiring. The ladies were blown away that you had created that special cake just for them, and it certainly provided a new level of pride and excitement in them as we celebrated our past successes and embraced a new year with the PWG.

I've attached a photo for you of our group behind the cake. Shortly thereafter the cake was devoured and all you could hear was "Is there seconds? This is delicious!" Again, thank you for infusing your talent, time and passion for our organization to create such a beautiful gift for us. You can be assured that your name and company will be shared by many through sheer word of mouth from our group..... " ~Christina Bolling, Director of the Professional Women's GroupDress for Success Greater Orlando.

By far, this is why I love doing what I do. The sheer joy a cake can bring, how many lives are touched on all levels. The feeling I get when giving a cake to people is so touching and full of happiness. And for me, special causes like this one, should be recognized and celebrated by all. It is so important to me to give back to the community, to bring smiles not only to the ones you love. But the ones who need it.

Stay Sweet~

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Pru...You're such a great gal. Beautiful cake made by someone with a beautiful spirit.

AM

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Oh Pru. Kudos to you my dear friend. Not only are you the professional, but you have a heart of gold. The cake is divine. But that's a given. Great cause, great cake. Couldn't get any better. :)

Heather said...

Wonderful cake! How exciting that the cake got to go on vacation! The prof pics look great!! Congrats woman!

-Heather
SweetSins2Share