06 August 2009

Octopus Cake? What's next??

Octopus..? Shark or squid..? Sure, why not? As long as it is NOT the cake flavor! lol... I was asked by my lovely client, Keri from Pennslyvania, to create a cake for a very special baby shower cake for her friend here in Clermont. She specifically wanted it to match the baby's new bedding. When she sent me a picture of the bedding, boy was I inspired!

Isn't it JUST so cute! Makes me want to have another baby.... NOT!! lol....

The top of this cake is a Styrofoam covered cake dummy. The new Mom-to-be wanted to hang on to it as a keepsake. So, I applied glass gems to it for a "bubble effect". I fell in love with my little friend on top!


What's next you asked..? GREAT news! I JUST signed the Lease on my NEW shop last Thursday. I am SOOOOOOOO excited, words can't even express it! It is located at the Oviedo Marketplace Mall, in Oviedo! My bro has come on to work for me and has been a true blessing, helping me with everything. He is the best!!



I am taking over an old candy shop so there are literally jelly beans coming out of the walls!! lol.... It is going to be painted tomorrow! Stay tuned for pics! I would love to show you the before and after!!

Stay Sweet!

post signature

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Too cute, it matches the nursery perfectly! I can't wait to see pics of the new shop :o)

Brandy L said...

Great looking cake! Congrats on the new store, i can't wait to see pictures.

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Pru...I'm ecstatic for you. How exciting. Plus working with your brother absolutely rocks. The cake is gorgeous. Wish I was young enought to have another baby, I'd have you make for me. You amazing!!!

Snooky doodle said...

WOW ALWAYS A WORK OF ART . THE OCTOPUS IS SO CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new shop, Pru. Are you hiring by any chance ? :P

AM

Rituparna said...

Hi !!

That Octopus is way to cute to be eaten. N those expresive eyes....
Love all your cakes ...
Keep it coming and waiting to see what wonders you create for your store ..

Leslie said...

oh my..That is AWESOME news! Congrats girl!

Cora @ Cora Cooks said...

So absolutely adorable! I love the little glass beads for bubbles -- I know I will be using that idea in so many ways, with credit to your cake, of course.

BellaLovesPink said...

Yay! Huge congrats!

Lucy said...

Congrats on the shop...can't wait until the Grand Openning! All of your buds should do at least 1 shift to help out...you are going to be swamped with new business. Are you going to post Eva's cake soon?

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Grissell said...

Your work is wonderful! :)