02 September 2009

Plane Crash Cake... Bad Karma?

That's it! I have done it. I think this is the longest time I have gone without blogging. I officially receive the "Bad Blogger of the Year" award! It has been hard to nail me down to write lately. Especially with trying to get the shop completed. Now I am all caught up with life and thought this one was a good one to share!

So, I get a call from a client, Stephanie, who was planning a celebration for her hubby's 40th birthday, who just happens to be a pilot. Not anything out of the ordinary, right? Well, she thought it would be funny to have her hubby's plane crashing into the side of a mountain. Of course my mind was racing about the design and logistics of creating it. It didn't dawn on me until I was telling my intern, Danielle, the cakes we had on the books for that weekend.

Danielle looked at me and said, "Isn't that bad karma?" We just cracked up.... Yup, I would think so. But Steph assured me, it would be funny. No worries......

Here is what she wrote:

"Hiya Prudence!
Here's a couple pics of your cake from Tom's 40th. We didn't have any trouble with the fondant getting too hot or too cold, thankfully. It held up wonderfully and we ate on it for a couple days after the party too! The cake was a big hit! More than one person commented on the possible bad karma :) but Tom got a kick out of it! We flew home safe and sound yesterday, despite all the weather.
Thanks again for making his birthday special! Sending you my absolute best! -Steph"


Happy Birthday Tom!!

Stay Sweet~

post signature

6 comments:

Grissell said...

Cool cake! :)

Leslie said...

Cute cake..but um, yeah I think it is kinda creepy.
I would never in a million years have you bake a cake for my husband with someone drowning in a pool!!! LOL
At least the hubby liked it. And you did a wonderful job(as always)

Mary said...

Great cake..I am so glad they liked it!

FoodTravelDiva said...

Very creative! You are definitely good at what you do. If you don't mind I'd love to guide our Foodista readers to your blog. Just add your choice of widget to this post and you're all set!

Sweet Sins said...

Pru I am ready for a new post! It is the 22nd of October already!! (not like I am one to talk, seeing how I was MIA for like a year!) Love the cake! Hope u r well!!

Wendy said...

Awesome! lol Never made a cake that told such a story. Funny and disturbing at the same time. teehee